name it, claim it.

 i find it hard to sleep without you
so i'll lay awake 
and let the nausea consume me 
until my heart is pounding out of my chest 
a morse code asking for you
to come home, to me, whichever is faster 
and the broken keys on my piano 
only let me hear the melancholy melodies 
i try not to think about 
when i'm laying in the dark 
alone. 

but here we are, 
miles,
and hours,
and lightyears apart
so that part of me wonders if this is for the best
but i remember that this isn't how we are intended
there's greater things ahead
and perseverance is our greatest combined strength
along with stubbornness
and pride
and all those things that i know 
we're not supposed to be proud of

but maybe that's why we are
destined for those great things 
and work so well
a machine oiled in spite
and ill-intent to make a differnce
no matter the cost, 
no matter the price. 

Comments